Saturday 27 October 2018

Practicing Piano With Intensity

As I near the end of the road with most of the pieces I am learning for the next recital, it is time to up my game, increasing the focus and striving harder than ever for perfection.  Except for about half a dozen measures of music, the Schumann Op #2 is now memorized, along with the Bach and 4 movements of 5 of the Haydn, and one of the pieces by Louie.  I have one Haydn movement to memorize, and one piece by Louie.  A third piece by here will be performed with music, if I can ever actually play it well enough.  It is nearly time to bring the pieces to Philip, to have them torn down so I can rebuild them!  Not next week (too much going on) but hopefully the week after that.

Randy has notified us that treatment for Anita has more or less been halted, with maintaining her comfort now the priority.  His simple sentence to us brings with it much sadness and reflection.  Of course our thoughts are constantly involved with both he and Anita.  A most difficult time for all involved.  The unseasonable cold and increasingly damp weather we have been having does not make things any easier.  I spoke with my Mom today, and Sudbury has been very depressing this month.  After all, what is Autumn without an October?  We have simply moved right into November.

I have finally got a start on the NM blog, and have published the first part concerning my solo drive west.  Hopefully more will be coming soon, including our Albuquerque and Santa Fe adventures.

I am currently enjoying another novel by Norman Spinrad, a somewhat autobiographical tale called "Children of Hamelin."  Very entertaining so far.  I am reading the book on Kindle, which I more or less like, but when reviewing such a story it is virtually impossible to flip back and check on things.  So I keep a notebook handy, which is cumbersome when reading.  I doubt that my reviews of books read on Kindle are as thorough as the ones I write from real live books.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment