Saturday 21 November 2020

Pleasure Outings

 Pleasure outings have been virtually non-existent, with shopping for food and attending medical appointments comprising our only outings.  One exception was our Day of the Dead day trip to a few county cemeteries.  I had forgotten about the photos I took that early November day, but recently rediscovered them.  Here are a few...



Lake Erie is in the background.



I love the carved plant on this one! 
 
Mary was 13 years old when Beethoven was born, and outlived him by far.
 
Another exception was yesterday, a day that was sunny and in the mid 60s F.  I undertook my epic walk along the rails to trails pathway, leaving from the small town of McGregor and walking towards Amherstburg to the trails end.  It's only 6.3 miles, but it was my longest walk in over two years.  Deb walked the first part with me, returned to the car and drove to the end point to meet me.  She ended up walking about 3.2 miles today, not wanting to do the entire thing.  At her infusion last week her weight was down by 2 kg from two months ago, as we have been walking this trail in short segments lately.  Here are some photos of the exciting landscape on this mostly straight pathway.
 
Near the start, in McGregor, a small farming community near Amherstburg.

The leaves are all down, after last week's major wind storm.

There are three bridges over water along the path.  This is Turkey Creek, with the bridge railing shadow showing at the bottom.
 
90% of the harvest is complete.  

There is still some corn in a few fields.

The road goes ever on....
 
Half and half.
 
I would not be parking my vehicle next to that barn!
 
The 3rd bridge along the pathway, crossing Big Creek, or the Great Amherstburg Fen.  With the leaves down, the entire extent of the marsh can be seen.  

Mapman Mike





 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment