Tuesday 31 August 2021

A House Without A Cat...

 ...is just a house.

We had to put our last cat friend, Mogollon, to sleep on Monday.  It's the first time in over 35 years we have not shared our house with a feline companion.  I am having a rough go of it, as we were pretty close buddies.  Coming home today from grocery shopping and not having a cat waiting for us was a strange and unsettling feeling.  I will devote a memorial page to Mogi later on; things are still much too raw just now.

Ever a ladies man, Mogi gets some TLC from my niece, in happier times. 

In other news, I will no longer routinely report on films we saw recently.  It just takes too much of my time, even though I enjoyed doing it.  We are just finishing up the August film festival (my choice), more selections from the Czech New Wave.  Instead, I am going to do some autobiographical sketches from time to time.  I was going to wait until I turned 70 for this feature, but lately I've been having some strong memories of old flashing into my nearly numb skull, so look for those starting up soon.

Tomorrow I will begin writing about August books read, and will publish it here as soon as it is finished, along with some art from the DIA.

Mapman Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment