Last Friday was our 50th wedding anniversary. We spent a quiet day at home but plan to party hearty in a few weeks. My surprise present to Deb will be revealed at that time. In the meantime, here is a photo from the big day. We were married at Our Lady of The Pines, a small church on Lake Penage.
The bridal party and family leave the church. We were heading for boats to take us back to the camp. For our honeymoon Deb and I took over the family camp for a week, doing canoe day trips and enjoying the late August weather with swimming and saunas. We would leave for university very soon.
Sunday was board game day. We played a round of BBC's Doctor Who game, the classic doctor version.
Today's board game. The player must protect locations with various versions of the Doctor, along with his companion allies. The player must also try to attack the sites of his opponent with Daleks, Cybermen, Silurians, the Master and so on. It is really a card game, not a board game.
In other gaming news, PC related, I'm getting the hang of Tomb Raider 1. My reaction times are improving, as is my swimming technique. Still lots to work on, though.
All of the locations are based on actual archeological material, including the incredible dolphin pool.
From the updated version of TR 1.
I'm also replaying Realmyst, and though the game itself is over I continue wandering around taking photos, waiting for the light to change and the day/night cycle.
Train Sim World continues to occupy a lot of my time. So far I am driving trains on 35 different routes in several different countries. I still have many routes I have not yet used. I add a new one about once per month. Each route has 8-10 locomotives, each with their own timetable. Even one route could keep me busy for a year. I am now driving over 50 different types of locomotives. Could I really drive them on real trains? Yup, if I had the master key and reverser handle. No problem!
We have played 80 Days twice now, winning one and losing one (each by a single day). We will play a 3rd time soon, but not to win. It's more fun just exploring and taking bizarre routes around the world. This is a fun game, but if taken too seriously can lead to much frustration. Just enjoy the journey!
I'll be back soon with a 4-movie update: two Sherlock Holmes films and two silent pictures.
Mapman Mike











No comments:
Post a Comment