Monday 24 December 2018

Holidays Are Here Again!

It's nice to consistently have nearly enough time in a day to accomplish most of the things you want.  Practicing piano, for one.  Things have been going pretty smoothly since getting back from vacation.  Sometimes a week away from the pieces does some good, especially for a clearer perspective on interpretation.  Even when not physically practicing, the pieces are always running in the background.  Reading, for another.  I have currently embarked an an epic 643 page novel.  Called Russian Spring, it is a kind of alternate history, where Russia was accepted into the EU in the mid 90s, leaving the USA high and dry.  The story centers around the space programs of the USA, which is now entirely military, Russia, who has a permanent moon base and now wants one on Mars, and the EU, who are trying to get a hotel in orbit and shuttles to serve them.

Another thing there is time for is writing up the Vienna journal.  I am nearly done as of now, and should finish up sometime tomorrow.  The problem here is that I simply cannot write for long periods of time.  After 30 minutes my hand is cramping up and I have to stop for a time.  But very soon I will be posting photos of our journey on my London and Europe blog.

We should be seeing Amanda later in the week, and possibly Randy.  Next week we might be meeting up with Jenn.  Thursday is Detroit day, so I will report back after that.  It is supposed to be a mild day.  I leave you with two Christmas images.  Peace on Earth, and all that good stuff! 

 St. Stephan's Cathedral, Vienna.

 This year's Christmas card from cousin Cathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment