Thursday 9 April 2020

The Back Garden

I had to make a 2nd outing of the week today.  I had two prescriptions to fetch at the Wal Mart pharmacy, as well as get one for Mogi the cat at our vet.  I arrived at Wal Mart at 8:20 am, and got into the store about one hour later.  I was standing outside in a long line (we were at least 2 metres apart) that hardly moved.  When I finally got into the store I realized why: they were hardly letting anyone inside!  The store was virtually empty.  Since I had waited so long (in a very cold wind) I decided to pick up a few other things while there.  My prescriptions will last for three months, so I won't likely be seeing Wal Mart for awhile.  But two prescriptions for three months each only cost me $8,which is why I use their pharmacy.

The vet was easy, as Deb had pre-ordered.  When I arrived I simply called the office, and the vet tech put my supplies outside on a small table, which I then fetched.  Easy peasy.  Next, I gassed up the car, and then it was home sweet home. 

My ear is very bad today, with increased pressure and a loud roaring sound going on.  It made piano practice very difficult.  Since early January I have had about 85% hearing loss in my right ear; today that is easily increased to 95% loss.  It is frustrating, as there is nothing medical science can do for me. 

Today's painting for the DIA is a fitting one, under the circumstances.  Likely a view from the artist's studio window in Berlin, it seems to capture the glory and the claustrophobia of such an environment as one's back garden.  With no humans directly in the picture, it has a calming effect, and somewhat meditative.  We have lots of space here, though, and are not feeling particularly closed in.  I am now looking forward to staying home for at least a week.

  The Back Garden, Adolphe Von Menzel, German 1815-1905.  Between 1850 and 1860.  Oil on canvas, unframed 19 x 27 inches.

 Detail of left side, above.

Detail of right side, above.
  
We are still watching Paris, Texas.  More on that film when we are finished viewing.

Mapman Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment