Tuesday 23 July 2019

Back On-Line

Two things conspired recently to keep me from doing very much blogging.  Firstly, I had a reaction to a new drug I had started taking.  After three doses my right eye decided to give up the ghost, and went walkabout.  I spent all day Sunday lying in bed in a dark room with a makeshift patch over it.  The eye was red, swollen, and very painful.  First thing Monday morning I got right in to see my G.P.  He sent me to my optometrist, who diagnosed a very bad case of iritis.  This can lead to blindness rather swiftly, but my body was already doing a good job of handling the situation.  By Monday afternoon, when I began taking eye drop medicine, things were already improving rapidly.  By Monday night I was able to read a bit once again, though computer screens were still painful to stare at.  Today everything is back to normal, but I have to maintain the drops for 9 more days.

The second thing that happened was the arrival of my brother Steve, my sister-in-law Lynne, and my niece Emma-Lee.  We spent Monday afternoon together, visiting at Randy G.'s house.  Emma Lee was in the pool for hours.  Today we went to Detroit with them, giving them a partial tour of some of the renovated buildings downtown.  And so things are about to return to normal.  Back to piano practice tomorrow, and the grass will finally get cut.

 Lynne, Emma-Lee, Steve, in Randy's backyard.  Photo by Randy G.

 Randy, me (squinting a lot, as my eye was still very sensitive), Deb, and those three other people.  Self-timed photo by Randy. 

I will try to write up our Detroit day soon.  However, it is now astronomy season once again, and clear skies are predicted over the next few days.  I will post when I can.

Mapman Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment